Date / Venue:
4 December 2016, Solchi Sperimentali FEST Brescia @ Carmen Town, Brescia, Italy
Info / Links:
Facebook / Soundcloud / Discogs / Youtube
Mademoiselle Bistouri is the solo project by Claudio Frassine from Brescia, Italy. Born in 2009 after the initial noise-funk trio project was shut down, Mademoiselle Bistouri’s moniker refers to Charles Baudelaire work originally appeared on Le Spleen de Paris (1862). Claudio’s solo experiments move within the noise realm and exploit guitar pedals, contact microphones and synths machines. Since 2011, he’s been releasing several albums on independent Italian and foreign labels such as Antoninoise Productions, HNM, Craneal Fracture Records , TIBProd. Italy and many others, in digital, tape and cdr format. To the present days, Mademoiselle Bistouri still enjoys goofing around with guitar pedals (as can be seen in the videoclip right here below), despite the fact sampling and editing softwares have now conquered a fundamental role in the compositiom / recording process.
- Semen [CD / Mini Album, 12/10/16] out on L. White Records
- Decline, Decay [30 Tape Edition Album] out on Reason Art Records
- Cannula [CDr] out on HNM
• Laptop • Various Guitar Effects • Sampler • Old radio with the antenna removed
- The very same night, Carmen Town’s cozy basement hosted also the about-20-minutes-long shows by Luca Olivieri, Corrado Saija, Rita Tekeyan and Fabrizio Testa for the rest of the Solchi Sperimentali – Brescia FEST;
- To support the Solchi Sperimentali franchise, started by Antonello Cresti [Florence, Italy], here you can buy the book out on Crac Edizioni, 2015. You can also contribute to the new DVD project to the campaign on MusicRaiser: the only chance to get it is to participate to it;
Are you enjoying what you see on PAYNOMINDTOUS? If that’s the case, we’d like to kindly ask you to subscribe to our newsletter, our Facebook group, and also to consider donating a few cents to our cause. Your help would be of great relevance to us, thank you so much for your time!
PAYNOMINDTOUS is a non-profit organization registered in December 2018, operating since late 2015 as a webzine and media website. In early 2017, we started our own event series in Turin, IT focused on arts, experimental, and dancefloor-oriented music. We reject every clumsy invocation to “the Future” meant as the signifier for capitalistic “progress” and “innovation”, fully embracing the Present instead; we renounce any reckless and ultimately arbitrary division between “high” and “low”, respectable and not respectable, “mind” and “body”; we support and invite musicians, artists, and performers having diverse backgrounds and expressing themselves via variegated artistic practices.